Last updated: December 20th, 2022
At PlumResearch S.A., the issue of privacy is always our top priority. We respect the privacy of our customers and strive to be transparent about how we use and protect our customers’ personal data.
We act as the data controller of personal data collected through the Extension.1. What data we collect
When you use the Extension, we may collect the following data about you (the scope of data depends on your use of the Extension):
1. technical data, including information collected while using the Extension such as your device’s IP address, approximate physical location of your device (derived from your device’s IP address), browser
2. information, country of registration of your account in a supported VOD service and the country used upon logging in, profiles used in supported VOD services;
3. your movies and TV series viewing history and/or preferences, including your ratings, downloaded movies or shows,
4. other data which you may have voluntarily provided upon contacting us.2. How we collect your data
The data we collect primarily comes from you. We process your data when you use the Extension or if you communicate with us in any way.3. How we use your data and on what legal basis
We use your data for the following purposes:
1. to pursue our legitimate interests – in particular, to conduct our business, analyze and improve our Service, in order to contact you (by answering your question, for instance), to allow you to use the Extension, including its account system, as well as to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims;
2. on the basis of your prior, expressed consent – in particular in relation to the automated processing of your viewing history
We retain your personal data for the term necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, to fulfil our contractual or legal obligations, or to enforce our rights. Because of this, the storage period depends on the nature of the information and the purposes of processing. We will store the data processed on the basis of your consent until you withdraw it, unless we have another legal basis for such processing.
To provide our services related to the Website, we may transfer your data outside the European Economic Area. In this case, we will use appropriate safeguards, in compliance with applicable laws, to ensure the protection of your personal data.
You can always withdraw your consent by contacting us.
We may share your data with entities providing outsourcing services (such as IT, web hosting, legal services), as well as with entities cooperating with us for the purposes of developing and maintaining the Extension.
Please be informed that we may share anonymous (non-personally identifiable) data, in an aggregated form, with our clients or partners. This means that these entities only receive data related to groups
of users, and cannot identify you in particular from such data.4. How we protect your data
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity and resilience of our data processing systems and services. These include, among others: using passwords, encryption, limiting access of our personnel to personal data, physical security measures, and data transfers encrypted using a secure connection (SSL).5. Your data protection rights
You have the right to request from us access to your personal data that we process. You may ask for your information to be corrected or updated. You may also request for your personal information to be erased or its processing to be restricted, under certain conditions; you have the right to object to further processing as well.
In certain situations, you may also be entitled to the right to data portability, i.e. the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format, and to ask us to transmit the data to another controller.
In case your personal data is processed based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, although the withdrawal will not affect the processing that has already taken place.
You have a right to file a complaint to your national data protection authority in the EU/EEA. You may find its contact details here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.6. Contact us
If you have any questions about how we process your data, or would like to exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or at our office: PlumResearch S.A., Piastów 22, 71-064 Szczecin, Poland.